Valentina - "Lifted Me" Single
Release Date: December 3, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA native Valentina Natalena Cherico (Valentina) grew up in a musical family; her father and older sister assembled a group called “Casanova” and Valentina spent her youth watching and listening to her family members perform.
With a natural flair for acting, Valentina pursued a career in musical theater early on. She attended Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School to hone her talents in acting, vocal performance and dance. She appeared in musicals at The Strand Theater, The Comtra Theater and as a member of the Pittsburgh CLO; and quickly became successful in various roles working beside Broadway actors.
Inspired by the “power of music” and song, Valentina’s interest in music expanded beyond musical theater. Driven by her passion, she redirected her concentration to write and perform. She studied piano and joined the family band, renamed as “Casanova and The Divas;” the band plays at festivals, nightclubs and country clubs, and local corporate and community events.
As part of her solo endeavor, Valentina is also a model and actress. Her musical journey has led her to work with renowned music producers in Pittsburgh, Nashville and New York. She recorded her first original tune, “There’s No Stopping Me,” alongside Grammy nominated and multi-award winning music producer, Roy Hamilton, III. The empowering tune made its debut in August 2021.
Inspired by her musical idols (Whitney Houston, Beyoncé, Michael Jackson and Selena Quintanilla), Valentina infuses shades of Pop, R&B, Gospel and soul into her vocal performances and musical productions. With the objective to create music that “moves, heals and lifts” people, the young entertainer’s ability to connect with her audience through her music is a God given gift.
MUSIC CITY NEWS
HOMETOWN: Pittsburgh, PA
GENRE: Pop, R&B, Gospel, Soul
INFLUENCES: Whitney Houston, Beyoncé, Michael Jackson,
1. There’s No Stopping Me Now- Original
2. Ain’t No Other Man (Christina Aguilera)
3. I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)
4. I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)
5. Lady Marmalade (Christina Aguilera feat. Pink, Lil’ Kim & Mya)
6. Just Dance (Lady Gaga)
7. Last Dance (Donna Summer)
8. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston)
9. Bidi Bidi Bum Bum (Selena Quintanilla)
10. Ain’t No Way (Aretha Franklin)
11. Respect (Aretha Franklin)
12. Bang Bang (Ariana Grande/Jessie J/Nicki Minaj)
13. We Are Family (Sister Sledge)
14. I’m Every Woman (Whitney Houston)
15. You and I (Lady Gaga)